Tuesday, December 3, 2019

December 2019 Technology Update

FMX: Report Summary for November 2019 is below. As of December 3, 2019, there are 8 open requests.

Directions on using FMX:1. Go to https://loganelm.gofmx.com. 2. There are 2 login boxes. Click on the "Log In with AD FS" gray box. 3. Enter your email address (first.last@loganelm.org) and your password that you use to access your email. Click on the "Create Request" button in the upper right corner and choose the type of request you need to add.

The site is very intuitive to use. If you have any questions or need assistance, click on the "Help & Updates" link in the bottom left. There are training videos and a FAQ.

Laptop Replacements: I need to replace all Acer Aspire E1-572-6459 and Acer TravelMate P253-M-6834 laptops. My inventory is not as accurate as I would like it to be, so if you have one of these laptops, please let me know. According to my inventory, below is a list of staff that have one of these laptops.

Brian Campbell, Katy Blubaugh, Julie McGuire, MaryBeth Reichelderfer, Heidi Woods, Nate Smith, Jody Tate, Teresa Hamner, Tammie Wooten, Billie Rhoads, Michelle Griffith, Shannon McKibben and Aaron Landau.

If you do not see your name and have one of the laptop models, please let me know so I can get you on a list and work on a replacement schedule.

Inventory: I have started updating the inventory of technology. Yesterday, I was able to complete 6 classrooms at McDowell. I am replacing missing or peeling stickers on chromebooks and looking for anything that needs repaired or replaced. I removed 13 chromebooks with broken dc jacks. I found a great deal on replacement dc jacks ($7.95 vs $20) so I purchased 50. If I come in your classroom and want me to come back another time, please tell me. I won't be offended. I can move on to another room. If chromebooks are in use, I will come back another time (lunch, recess, specials, after hours). 

No comments:

Post a Comment