Tuesday, October 2, 2018

October 2018 Technology Update

HelpDesk: 90 tickets opened. 86 tickets closed. 4 open tickets. To create a ticket, go to http://loganelm.org/helpdesk and fill out the form. If you are requesting new accounts or resetting passwords for students, please include their grade level and student number.

Clever: I am still working with Clever on all of the issues with accessing BrainPOP. Integration with MobyMax has been removed. They have restored all data prior to the Clever integration. I have found a number of issues with our data that is being extracted from DASL. I am working on getting the data cleaned up.

Social Media: Access to social media is blocked. We are simply following board policy (AUP and BYOT policies) and providing more bandwidth for educational resources. Twitter is not blocked, since it is being used as a communication platform.

Recovery Email Addresses: I added recovery email addresses to Office 365 and G Suite. If you have both accounts, I added the other address to each platform. This will aid in password recovery so I don't have to reset your password. If you only have an Office 365 account (classified staff), you can send me a personal email address and I will add it.

Public School Works: Links to Public School Works have been added to the Staff Resources page of the district website (https://www.loganelm.org/Staff-Resources.html). I had a webinar with PSW and updated our offerings. Some classes have been added due to new state laws and policies. Custodians and bus drivers will be receiving information on which courses need to be completed in order to be compliant. Jennifer Russell has updated all of the medical offerings in order to be in compliance and provide current information.

Locks: If you have a lock(s) missing from your chromebook cart, please let me know. We had to cut off some of them to install the new chromebooks. The following list are locations where I know to install locks:
Salt Creek 12 (2), Salt Creek 17, Salt Creek 21 (2), Laurelville 12-G (1), Laurelville 203 (1), Pickaway 11 (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment